The sweetness of blueberries mixed with the savoriness of fresh herb sausage is a winner!
I feel guilty even adding this as a “recipe” because it’s so simple, but these blueberry sausages are a tasty addition to any morning! My husband and I, and our primal kids are big fans and they pull together in a jiffy.
I also hope this blueberry sausage recipe will give you confidence in making your own real food breakfast patties. Many store bought versions have additional sweeteners, canola oil, and sometimes fillers that can lead to ill health over time.
If you are looking to make a primal living breakfast easier, and want to think outside of the cereal box, this is a great recipe to double and freeze half of the patties for future use. I’m a big fan of meal prep. Any time you have a chance to make meals easier for the week ahead, take advantage!
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (if unseasoned, add a little salt, pepper, and sage)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Gently combine the pork, rosemary and blueberries until well mixed (careful not to squish the berries).
- Form 8, 1/2″ thick patty rounds with the mixture.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium to medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Place the patties in a single layer in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes each side (or until cooked through).
You could also substitute other types of ground meat.