Starting the day with a healthy and protein-rich breakfast can give you just the right energy for the day. Check out this primal-friendly Gluten Free Breakfast Taco recipe that will leave you wanting for more.
These “tacos” leave out the tortilla in favor of slices of deli ham, adding even more protein. Try adding some guacamole for an extra punch. Or, pair with some Jalapeno Pineapple Margaritas for a fun Sunday brunch!
- 3 slices deli ham
- 1 tsp. ghee or butter
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 4 slices of red pepper
- 1/2 an avocado
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat, adding ghee or butter to melt. Lightly whisk eggs and add to pan. Scramble until cooked through.
- Lay ham slice ﬂat on your plate.
- Divide eggs into thirds and add to center of each piece of ham. Top with red pepper and avocado.
- Wrap it like a burrito, season lightly with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
- Make a scramble with chopped ham, eggs, and peppers. Top with avocado.
- Pan sear ham before flling as a taco shell.
- Serve with dark leafy greens and salsa.