Who doesn’t love a great wrap?! Dolmas are a fun way to use cabbage and be creative with your fillings. We’ve been growing our own cabbage in our raised beds this year and it was awesome to use them for this very recipe.Print
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup white rice (soaked for 10 minutes and drained)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 – 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Lightly steam cabbage leaves in a large steamer basket for 3 – 4 minutes. Cabbage should be workable, but not overcooked! Using tongs, carefully remove the leaves from the basket and allow to cool slightly on a separate plate.
- Add chicken broth to a large sauté pan with a lid, or a dutch oven (~ 14 inch diameter). Heat over medium-high heat to bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently mix remaining ingredients.
- Scoop 2 – 3 tbsp. of filling onto the bottom center of a cabbage leaf. Gently roll the bottom of the leaf around the filling. Fold in the sides and continue rolling to make a tight wrap. Repeat with remaining cabbage leaves.
- Using tongs, carefully place each cabbage roll into the pan of broth in a single layer. Add any remaining filling to the broth.
- Return to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes, until rice is cooked to your liking.