Chocolate gingerbread cookies made with real cacao are a classic spin on the holiday classic.
If you live a primal lifestyle, you’ll probably prefer an alternative to traditional cookies made with flour.
Enjoy a sweet and spicy treat with these grain-free chocolate gingerbread cookie bites! A fresh take on a traditional dessert, this grain-free nut-filled delight is a must-try!
I personally love fresh ginger for its taste and nutritional benefits, but it can be a touch strong for young pallets. If you are working towards healthier snack options, especially with your kids, you could start with crystallized ginger, or a combination of fresh and “candied” (just remember that this will add more sugar).
Get your kids involved with this recipe by having them measure out the ingredients and add them to the food processor. Rolling the bites is another great activity for kids of all ages to help you with. Kids love this primal twist on classic chocolate gingerbread cookies!
Making some type of “snack bites” each week helps keep my kids well fueled with quality ingredients that they also love the taste of. Give these other flavors a try as well: Cookie Dough Bites, Cranberry Macadamia Bites, and Tropical Turmeric Bites.Print
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut(unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped ginger
- 2 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor (ftted with all-purpose blade).
- Pulse until nuts and dates are rough chopped.
- Process until all ingredients are fnely chopped and well mixed.
- Using a 1” cookie scoop, roll mixture into about 12 spheres between your hands.
- Optional: roll in shredded coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!