Before I started eating from a paleo framework, I used to love a good teriyaki rice bowl. But, since trying to avoid most soy containing products, this was a dish that had left our menu. UNTIL… finding Coconut Secret’s soy-free Teriyaki Sauce and pairing it with cauliflower rice! My kids aren’t huge fans of cauli-rice, however, they love this dish due to the flavors. A win-win!
I love being able to get the chicken in the crockpot in the morning and then whip up the cauli-rice before we are ready to eat. It’s a tasty, simple recipe to pull together during the busy week.Print
- Chicken thighs, 2 lbs.
- Coconut Secret Teriyaki Sauce, 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower, 1 head
- Coconut oil, 2 tbsp.
- Red pepper, 1 diced
- Asparagus, 1 bunch chopped into 1″ pieces
- Fresh ginger, 2 tbsp. minced
- Green onion, 1 cup chopped
- Ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut aminos, 1/3 cup
- Orange, 1 peeled, sectioned and chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a slow cooker and top with Teriyaki Sauce. Set on low for 6 hours.
- Using the florets, rice the cauliflower with the grater blade of a food processor (or grate by hand).
- In a large sauté pan, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the red peppers and asparagus and toss to cook (about 5 minutes).
- Add the cauli-rice to the pan. Mix into the peppers and asparagus and let cook a few minutes.
- Add the fresh ginger, green onion and black pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes, followed by the coconut aminos.
- Once veggies and flavors are well incorporated, toss in the orange pieces and season with salt to taste.
- Once chicken is done cooking, gently pull it apart with two forks into bite sized pieces, mixing it in the slow cooker juices. Serve over cauli-rice.
You may substitute 2 tsp. ground ginger for fresh.