Chicken Tomato SaucePrint
The other night, I needed something quick, but different to put on top of spaghetti squash. I thought I’d try a little chicken thigh meat for a change! I kept the sauce very simple and it turned out great.
- Chicken thigh meat (I used 3 lbs), trimmed a little, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2, 28 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano (more if desired)
- 1 tbsp dried basil (more if desired)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan. Add diced chicken; brown and cook through.
- In a medium/large sauce pan, heat more coconut oil and sauté peppers, onion and garlic until slightly tender. Add the herbs and chicken to the sauce pan, allowing the flavors to mix. Add in the diced tomatoes (and juice). Simmer the sauce for at least 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top on cooked spaghetti squash.