- 11 oz. chorizo (pre-cooked links)
- 12 eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large handfuls of leafy greens
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Fresh chives, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salsa, to top
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Remove casing from chorizo and chop into small pieces (set aside).
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk with sea salt and pepper (set aside).
- Add butter, ghee, or coconut oil to a 12” cast iron skillet and heat over medium.
- Add diced onion, pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions and peppers soften.
- Add chopped chorizo, stirring until hot and slightly browned.
- Place handfuls of greens into the pan and toss until just wilted.
- Pour whisked eggs into the pan and allow to spread evenly. Allow mixture to cook for 10 minutes.
- If using cheese, sprinkle on top. Carefully place the skillet into the oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes, or until the middle is set (no jiggling).
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh chopped herbs.
- Cut into 6 to 8 slices. Serve each with sliced avocado and salsa.