This delicious Cobb salad recipe is quite rich in primal diet friendly ingredients. This is a great recipe to make substitutions based on what leftovers you have in the refrigerator that you need to use up.
This simple salad is one of my favorite last minute dinner ideas. It’s easy to make, and uses ingredients you probably already have around the house.
Salads don’t have to be boring! In fact, they can be colorful, creative, and satiating — just like this version of a classic Cobb. The ingredients in this particular Cobb salad recipe are foods we often have leftovers of by the end of the week, so it becomes both a yummy meal and a way to use up the real foods we have on hand.
If I’m planning on Cobb Salad during the week, then I make sure to have enough of each ingredient prepared so that this lunch or dinner meal is easy-peasy to put on the table.Print
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped(optional)
- 1–2 slice(s) deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Toss ingredients and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.