No bake peanut butter balls can be a fun snack, but they don’t fall under the “paleo approved” category. This recipe is my primal take on such a snack. They are a great source of fat with the addition of coconut butter and seeds, and they offer an antioxidant punch by adding cacao nibs (such as Navitas Naturals brand).
Keep a batch in the fridge or freezer for easy to grab afternoon pick-me-ups, or as a tasty treat if you choose to add dark chocolate chips/bits.Print
These tasty morsels pack a big energy punch!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tbsp. raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place all ingredients (EXCEPT coconut butter) in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt coconut butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once melted and creamy, add coconut butter to the mixing bowl and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Place mixing bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and form ~ 3/4″ balls. Place balls on a wax paper lined tray.
- Place tray in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
I store the Coco-Almond-Butter Balls in a container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 2 balls
(Ingredients ready to mix)
(Coconut butter (Artisana brand) before warmed)
(Mixed ingredients – headed to cool in the fridge)
(Rolled, placed on wax paper and ready for the freezer)
(Ready to enjoy)
(A munchkin hand caught sneaking a treat!)