Coconut Chicken Tenders are a great option for replacing typical chicken fingers. Paired with colorful veggies, this grain-free comfort food recipe makes a great meal for kids (grown-ups too!) and are excellent leftovers for a grab-and-go snack or easy lunch.Print
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- ~1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 – 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (use as needed)
- ~ 2 tbsp. coconut oil (you may need to add more as you go)
- Place coconut flour, egg (scrambled), and some shredded coconut EACH in a shallow dish. Add more shredded coconut as you need it.
- Roll each chicken tender in the coconut flour, dip it in the egg, and then roll in shredded coconut.
- Place tenders on a plate or tray.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-low to medium heat (you want to “toast” the tenders, not sizzle them).
- Melt coconut oil in the pan.
- Add tenders with plenty of room between each other. Depending on the size of your pan and the number of tenders, you will probably have to cook them in batches.
- Cook tenders about 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
We love to serve these chicken tenders over a big salad. You may also choose to dip them in mustard, salsa, or your favorite tomato sauce (my boys love them this way).