- 6 large collard leaves
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, or 4 thighs, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, green tops only
- 1/3 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Cut the stems off the collard leaves. Lay the leaves down with the thick rib facing up. Carefully run a paring knife parallel to the leaf to remove the top of the thick rib without cutting the leaf.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the leaves to the pot and submerge for 1 minute. Using tongs, carefully remove the leaves and dunk them into a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Remove from water and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sun-butter, coconut aminos, honey, lemon juice and ginger.
- Scoop 1 tbsp. of sun sauce and spread cross-wise on the lower section of a leaf. Add about 1/6th of the chicken, peppers, carrots, cabbage and onions to the bottom center of the leaf. Roll the bottom of the leaf over the filling, tuck in the sides and continue rolling until closed (like a burrito).
- Repeat with the remaining collard leaves and filling.
Once the leaves are patted dry, they will keep in a plastic bag (if laid flat) for leftover wraps as well.