This is a ‘paleo-friendly’ recipe for those special occasions when you have the desire for a “bread-like” compliment to your meal. This particular paleo bread has a slightly sweet flavor.
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda (preferably aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweetened with juice)
- Coconut oil (for greasing pan)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients (almond flour through salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the honey, apple cider vinegar, and orange juice and whisk until mixed.
- Add the egg mixture to the large bowl and combine dry ingredients with wet to form a batter.
- Fold in the orange zest and cranberries.
- Pour the batter into a well greased loaf pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf.
- Remove from oven and allow the pan to cool 10 minutes before removing loaf.