I’m watching the first snow fall of the year as I post this recipe and nothing is more comforting on a day like this than a creamy bowl of soup!Print
- 8 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. celery ribs, chopped
- 1 lb. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil ribbons for garnish
- Dash of paprika
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and potatoes. Cook until soft (about 8 – 10 minutes).
- Add chicken stock, water and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and carefully puree with an immersion blender, or an upright blender (in batches) until creamy.
- Return soup to pot and stir in cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil ribbons and a dash of paprika.