A spin on carrot cake, these Creamy Spiced Parsnip Cupcakes may become your family’s new favorite treat!
This real food recipe is packed with nutrition, with just enough sweetness to feel like true indulgence.
A creamy white carrot-like root vegetable, parsnips have a sweet, nutty flavor. Try them boiled, roasted, sautéed, steamed, or in these delicious cupcakes. They can be pureed, mashed, whipped, shredded, sliced, and added to soups and stews to take advantage of their health benefits:
- Excellent source of fiber
- High in vitamin C, magenese, and copper
- Good source of thiamine, niacin, potassium, and magnesium
This creamy spiced parsnip cupcake recipe is a great way to introduce this root veggie to your kids. Talk about the health benefits of this ancient food, let them help you wash, peel, and grate them, and enjoy cupcakes together to celebrate their nourishment.
Try them with a Pumpkin Spice Latte.Print
- 2 cups peeled and grated parsnips
- 3 ripe bananas
- 12 pitted dates, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese, brought to room temp
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Chopped pecans, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place bananas, dates, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until dates are finely chopped and then process until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt and process until batter is well mixed and smooth. Transfer batter to a large mixing bowl and fold in grated parsnips.
- Line a standard muffin tin with parchment baking cups. Fill each cup evenly with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make frosting, place cream cheese, honey, vanilla, ground ginger, and shredded coconut in a medium mixing bowl. Combine ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Divide and spread frosting evenly on 12 cupcakes. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and enjoy!