Are you tired of the same old salads? This flavor popping combo is one of my absolute favorites and it’s so easy to throw together for a delicious dinner or lunch.
I use leftover chicken from my Herbs de Province Slow Cook Chicken recipe to make this meal a quick fix option.Print
- ~ 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- ~ 1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp (tossing occasionally). Remove from heat and scoop bacon bites from the pan to a paper towel lined plate, reserving the grease in the pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the shredded chicken. Allow chicken to set and crisp in the pan, flipping to cook both sides. Remove from heat and scoop chicken onto a plate and set aside, again reserving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the peppers and onions. Cook for a few minutes until they soften (tossing occasionally) and remove from heat.
- Top arugula with chicken, bacon, peppers, onions, grapes, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lemon to taste.
Omit goat cheese for a dairy free version and substitute with toasted pine nuts.