My kids love to gnaw meat off of a bone! And honestly, what’s not to love about it? I think the best part to them is the go ahead to eat with their fingers.
Here’s a simple and tasty recipe that’s fun and nourishing for the whole family.
Note: I don’t often use olive oil to cook with due to its fragility. However, using a good quality olive oil is important to me when I occasionally do. My favorite is Kasandrinos! Check them out on Primal Peak’s Shop page under “Favorite Retailers” for more info and to have it shipped right to you.Print
- 10 – 12 chicken drumsticks (preferably organic)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Grass-fed butter or ghee, melted and divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place drumsticks on the parchment paper in a single layer with space between each.
- Brush the topside of the drumsticks with good quality olive oil and 1/2 of the melted butter or ghee.
- Sprinkle generously with spices and thyme.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the pan and flip each drumstick over. Brush drumsticks with the rest of the butter or ghee and sprinkle generously with spiced and thyme again.
- Place back in the oven for 30 more minutes (or until cooked through and lightly browned on the outside.