- 2 lbs. flank steak (or flap meat)
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 avocados
- Cut meat across the grain into 1/2 in. diagonal strips. *When you buy your meat have the butcher slice your meat for you.
- Place meat in slow cooker and top with onion, and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over meat, onions and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 -7 hours.
- Plate Mexican Cauliflower Rice and top with steak, peppers, and avocado.
Try this recipe with flap meat or skirt steak as alternatives to flank.