There’s nothing like refreshing healthy summer treats for kids and grown-ups alike. These Cucumber Melon Popsicles are sweet enough to satisfy cravings, and nutritious enough to feel zero guilt.
Active lifestyles require refreshing electrolyte replenishment. As an active mom with active tweens, I was looking for a go-to recipe that met such criteria AND tasted delicious for the whole family.
The real food ingredients in Cucumber Melon Popsicles were specifically chosen to hydrate, replenish, and satisfy.
- Cucumbers: Help promote hydration, flush toxins, regulate body temperature, and are nutrient-dense.
- Honeydew melon: A good source of potassium, magnesium, sodium, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Coconut water: Also known as nature’s sports drink, it contains important electrolytes and is low in sugar.
- Fresh mint: Beneficial for respiratory health and digestion.
- Fresh limes: Support respiration, healthy blood sugar, and temperature regulation.
- Fresh ginger: Helps relieve sore muscles, lowers blood sugar levels, and supports digestion.
- Sea salt: Regulates heartbeat and blood pressure, and improves balance of electrolytes.
- Magnesium powder — can reduce blood pressure, support bone health, and help regulate heartbeat regularity.
These pops are a great summer replenisher after playing in the heat.
This recipe can also be blended and immediately enjoyed over a large glass of ice, as a popsicle alternative.Print
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- 6 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: Two tsp magnesium powder, like Nature’s Calm
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are well mixed and a smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place in the freezer until fully frozen.