When I was a kid, I remember loving cucumbers with a little salt and vinegar. Here’s a slightly more sophisticated version with a pop of color. This is a quick and easy side for the summer season.
Most kids love cucumbers and this recipe is an easy way to introduce them to the slightly spicy flavor of radish.Print
This simple, fresh and crisp salad is a great summer time side and a fun way to incorporate radishes onto your plate.
- 8 medium radishes, ends trimmed off, radishes thinly sliced
- 2 medium english cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Toss well until cucumbers and radishes are well coated with oil and vinegar.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Salad