A fun and easy real food breakfast recipe, Egg Muffins are always a hit in the family when served. They also make a great brunch, lunch, or even dinner! They’re full of protein and healthy fats, and super easy to make.
I love this primal diet recipe because I can make these tasty morsels ahead of time for the family to grab on busy weekday mornings – food prep at its best. With a few extra minutes, they are easy to reheat, but we also love them straight from the fridge.
Egg Muffins fit perfectly into a primal lifestyle with an emphasis on ingredients that you have control over and that provide you with lasting energy.
You can modify the recipe using your favorite vegetables. In fact, it’s a great opportunity to involve your kids in the kitchen by having them choose mix-ins they’re excited about, or exposing them to fresh herbs or dried spices for new flavor combinations.
Try pairing these with a Pumpkin Spice smoothie when chilly fall weather hits.Print
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 handful sliced grape tomatoes
- 6 slices deli ham
- 3 handfuls spinach, or arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add all other ingredients to a large bowl with the whisked eggs. Gently mix in ingredients until combined.
- Place parchment paper liners in a muffn tin and evenly pour or scoop mixture amongst the 12 cups.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- You may grease the muffn tin instead of using parchment liners, but the muffns seem to be more likely to stick.
- Make an egg scramble using your favorite chopped veggies.