Spring is in the air – I can smell it! With warmer days and lighter nights, I like to start adding a little more fresh, or raw, foods to my plate. What better way than with a great slaw!
This version is refreshing with a lemon, vinegar and olive oil dressing and has a hint of sweetness from the raisins. I also love the surprise flavor of fennel. Whether you are grilling out, or staying in, it’s an easy complimentary side!
- 1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 bulbs fennel, cored and thinly sliced (fronds reserved if possible)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add fennel, cabbage, carrot, scallions, raisins and parsley to a large bowl.
- Chop fennel fronds and toss in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Dress and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.