- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp grass-fed butter, cold, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ice water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 apples, cored, sliced into 16th
- ½ lb bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- To make the dough, add almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add butter and pulse until half-pea-sized crumbles form.
- Add apple cider vinegar and ice water. Process until dough starts to form. If too crumbly, add a little more ice water 1 tsp at a time.
- Remove dough from the food processor, form a loose ball, then flatten slightly into a thick disc, and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- While the dough is in the freezer, prepare and combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and unwrap. Place dough on a piece of parchment paper sized to cover the bottom of a baking pan. Place another piece of parchment on top of the dough and gently roll out with a rolling pin into roughly a 12” diameter circle.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and carefully transfer the bottom piece of parchment and dough onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the filling evenly on top of the dough, leaving at least an inch of dough uncovered around the edge.
- Using the parchment paper to help, gently fold the border of the dough over the outer portion of the filling. Use your fingers to patch any parts that break in the process.
- Brush the top edge of the crust with a thin layer of the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the pan halfway through the cook time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 – 10 minutes. Slice and serve.