- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, plus extra for garnish
- Scant 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped, or ground in food processor
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 30 drops plant-based, all-natural green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, sugar, and almond extract to a medium mixing bowl. Cream together until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Blend in flour, walnuts, and green coloring.
- Shape dough into approx. 1″ diameter balls (I like to use a cookie scoop), and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Roll in coconut sugar, or green decorating sugar, while still hot.
Makes 24 – 30 cookies