Kabobs are an excellent grill-friendly camping meal. Sure, they are perfect for your backyard cookout also. But, finding quick, healthy, and easy to assemble camping meals can be a challenge. This one meets all criteria.
While we are cooking over a grill rack at our favorite campsites, I like to use pre-cooked breakfast sausage links so that I don’t have to worry about whether the meat is cooked through. Raw sausage works great as well — just make sure that it comes to temperature and no pink is left inside.
Kabobs are a fun way to involve your kids in the planning and prepping of this dish whether you are cooking at home, or just outside a tent. There are so many possibilities when it comes to different veggies and meat combinations, so let your little ones be part of the decision making process.Print
- 1 – 2 sausages per person, sliced into 1” rounds
- 2 zucchini, sliced into ½” rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 onion, quartered and halved
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Soak 8 to 12 BBQ skewers in water to help prevent charring of the wood.
- Carefully skewer sausage and veggies onto the sticks in an alternating fashion.
- Brush ingredients with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place skewers over hot grill rack, turning occasionally, until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender.