Who doesn’t love the tropical combination of pork, pineapple, coconut and a touch of jalapeño? Meatballs are a fun way to combine different flavors and I love the sweet spice this recipe throws at you.
I’m guilty of making big batches of meatballs because I love the leftovers for either another dinner later in the week, or for easy lunches or snacks during the day for the whole family. This recipe can certainly be cut in half if you are cooking for one or two!Print
- 3 lbs. ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 1, 15 oz. can pineapple, crushed – slightly drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 8 green onions, chopped (greens only for SIBO)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and gently mix with your hands until well combined (careful not to overwork).
- Form 1″ diameter balls and place in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Have you ever tried using a 1″ cookie scoop to form your meatballs? This seems to save me lots of time when I’m making big batches!
Enjoy these meatballs over spaghetti squash or with white rice.