Hearty enough for winter, light enough for summer! This is a great salad anytime you can find these fresh ingredients.Print
- 4 lbs. top sirloin beef steaks (preferably grass-fed)
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 cups of your favorite salad greens
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/2 pint blackberries (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts (halved)
- 3/4 cup organic feta cheese (optional)
- 1, 15 oz. can hearts of palm, sliced
- Juice from 2 – 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your grill.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place butter in a small sauce pan. Add garlic powder and fresh garlic to the pan. Melt butter over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Grill steaks over medium-low heat, about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your desire. Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. While resting, liberally brush with garlic butter!
- Toss salad greens, avocado, pear, blackberries, macadamias, feta, and hearts of palm in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl to top individual servings with.
- Slice steak across the grain and top on individual salad servings with 4 to 8 oz.
If you are cooking grass-fed steak, remember to keep it low and slow. Grass-fed beef is leaner than conventionally raised and can quickly become tough without extra love. Also, don’t forget the garlic butter. This is a key item to this delicious salad. If you end up with extra garlic butter, serve it in small ramekins for dipping.