Did you know that cauliflower is a very versatile substitute for rice?! This fun salad holds all the same flavors as a true rice salad, but with an extra punch of nutrition and fewer starchy carbs.Print
- 1/4 cup kalamata (or green) olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (or cilantro), chopped
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green or purple onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add olives, tomatoes, basil, roasted pepper, and onion to a large bowl.
- Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, add cauliflower florets to “rice.”
- Heat a medium to large sauté pan over med/high heat. Add 2 tbsp. coconut oil to melt.
- Add riced cauliflower and pan fry until warm, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, cumin and paprika. Slowly whisk in olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove saute pan from heat and add vinaigrette. Toss with cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to the large bowl and gently combine with other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
A great side dish warm or cold! Add shredded chicken or thinly sliced steak for a complete meal.