I don’t know about you, but I love the taste of pizza! In fact, when I made the commitment to give “paleo” a try many years ago, I was worried about craving a good pizza every now and then. Can you relate? If you can, I think these mini meatzas will satisfy your love for pizza just like they have for me and my family!
Meatzas have brought back the fun of “pizza night” in our house and my kids love being able to build their own creations. The only challenge … being so tasty, everyone wants more than they should probably have. I highly recommend serving these with a giant green salad or your favorite veggie side, so you don’t gobble up a pound of meat at one sitting;-)Print
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup roasted broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix herbs and spices in a small bowl. Combine 4 tsp. of the seasoning mix with the 2 lbs. of ground beef. Set the rest of the seasoning mix aside for the next time you make meatza.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix seasonings into meat.
- Take a softball sized amount of meat and flatten into a round about 1/4″ thick (a rolling pin can be useful for this). Repeat with remaining meat and lay on rimmed baking sheets.
- Place in the oven for about 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Remove meat crust from original baking sheet and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top the meat crust with your desired sauce, veggies, and cheese, leaving a 1/2″ edge uncovered.
- Place back in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Slice in triangles and enjoy!