• Leftover sausages from dinner the night before, sliced over a SMALL bed of greens (if they eat one leaf – great!) and paired with stone ground mustard for dipping.
• Leftover sauteed red bell peppers and haricots verts
• Leftover roasted acorn squash (my older son loves acorn squash)
• Sliced organic red pears
Here’s an example of an egg-free, paleo-pancake-free breakfast. I gets lots of questions about this. It’s also a good example of using dinner leftovers to build a quick, yet super nutritious meal to start your day.
We had leftover shredded pork from a couple nights ago that I wanted to use up. I added some quality jarred tomato sauce to a small saucepan and reheated the pork with it (added some nice flavor and moisture).
To go with our pork, we had…
• Leftover sliced sweet potatoes
• 1/2 an avocado (the avocado with the pork was very tasty)
• Leftover spinach from our salad the night before (I quickly sautéed it in coconut oil and threw in some of the peppers and onions to reheat them with the spinach)
• Leftover sausages (from dinner the night before)
• Leftover sautéed peppers and onion
• Leftover roasted acorn squash
• Grilled New York steaks (pulled from our freezer in the morning to thaw: 100% grass-fed)
• Sautéed brussels sprouts (in coconut oil, seasoned with sea salt and pepper)
• Leftover butternut squash soup with sautéed sage