This recipe is my version of Nora Gedgaudas’ “Nut Ball Snackers” (primalbody-primalmind.com). Nora is a strong believer in the importance of a higher-fat (from quality natural sources), moderate-protein, and low-carbohydrate way of eating for ideal health (metabolically, emotionally and cognitively).
Her book, Primal Body, Primal Mind, takes a detailed look at the health and behaviors of our ancestors in comparison to our diet and diseases of today.
If you are looking for ideas on how to increase the good fats in your meal plan, these buttery morsels may be for you! Feel free to experiment with your own ingredients, but it’s important to keep the sugar OUT!Print
If you tolerate grass-fed butter, these “snackers” are a great option for a high-fat, no sugar pick-me-up.
- 2 cups of almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 7 – 8 oz. raw nuts, chopped (I used pistachios, almonds, macadamias, walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 “brick” of KerryGold pastured butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spoon into 3/4″ to 1″ balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate or freeze for an hour + before enjoying.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.