A simple breakfast that can be made the night before is music to a mother’s ears! This Nutty Banana Overnight Oats recipe is a great addition to your weekly family meal plan — making those busy mornings a breeze. Tasty, nourishing, and a healthy grab ‘n go option.
Real food for kids is just as important as it is for adults. Replacing high sugar, processed boxed cereals with wholesome ingredients will help your little ones start their day on the right foot.
Nearly as easy as pouring a bowl of cereal, overnight oats offer more healthy fats, and fresh vitamins and minerals to fuel active bodies. This recipe adds in bananas, a great source of potassium and natural sugars, plus healthy plant-based fats and protein from nuts.
My boys love to make this Nutty Banana Overnight Oats recipe all by themselves — your kids probably will, too! It’s a great way for kids to practice measuring ingredients, stirring carefully, and being creative with their own add-ins.
For more quick and nutritious breakfast options check out:Print
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain or vanilla almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp local honey
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- In a half-pint mason jar, add almond milk, hemp seeds, nut butter, and honey and stir to combine.
- Add oats and stir, making sure oats are all under the liquid.
- Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top with sliced bananas.