It’s time to tomato up with this fabulous “tart.” This unique yet kid friendly casserole is creamy, slightly sweet, and nourishing at the same time. Layers of beauty baked into deliciousness.
This dish is a great dinner side, a perfect brunch addition, or a smart make-ahead meal for a quick breakfast or lunch option. It tastes great hot or cold. My 7-year-old usually gobbles down two slices!Print
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter, or ghee, melted
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, green tops only
- 2 – 3 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 small zucchini, sliced very thin
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add almonds and pecans to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Combine nuts, melted butter and a dash of salt to a pie plate and mix. Using your hands, press the nut mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the pie dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, add ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, sea salt, pepper and green onion and mix until well combined. Carefully spread mixture over the nut crust with a spatula (making sure not to disrupt the crust).
- Layer zucchini slices evenly over the ricotta mixture and follow with the tomato slices.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Sprinkle with a dash of salt, pepper and dried parsley. Enjoy!