It’s time to tomato up with this fabulous “tart.” Creamy, slightly sweet and nourishing at the same time. Layers of beauty baked into deliciousness.
This dish is a great dinner side, a perfect brunch addition, or a smart make-ahead meal for a quick breakfast or lunch option. It tastes great hot or cold. My 7-year-old usually gobbles down two slices!Print
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter, or ghee, melted
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, green tops only
- 2 – 3 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 small zucchini, sliced very thin
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add almonds and pecans to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Combine nuts, melted butter and a dash of salt to a pie plate and mix. Using your hands, press the nut mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the pie dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, add ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, sea salt, pepper and green onion and mix until well combined. Carefully spread mixture over the nut crust with a spatula (making sure not to disrupt the crust).
- Layer zucchini slices evenly over the ricotta mixture and follow with the tomato slices.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Sprinkle with a dash of salt, pepper and dried parsley. Enjoy!