- 12 – 14 apples, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. grass-fed butter (melted), or 4 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 more tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Organic grass-fed heavy cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, arrowroot, 4 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a large in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Combine melted butter, almond flour, walnuts, almonds, coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon and dash of salt in a medium bowl.
- Evenly distribute this topping mixture over the apples.
- Place baking dish in oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with fresh cream or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert