Chocolatey indulgence without the sugar! Simple real food ingredients come together to make a healthy treat for your family to enjoy with these tasty chocolate paleo-friendly truffles.
It’s the end of a long day and you are craving a decadent dessert…but, you know that a high sugar treat is not part of supporting your primal lifestyle and wellness goals. Having a chocolate coconut paleo truffle to reach for will satisfy your craving, keep your insulin in check, and boost your immunity.
A combination of coconut oil, coconut butter, cacao powder, almond butter, vanilla, and shredded coconut brings these tasty bites to life.
You may hear a lot about the benefits of coconut oil, but what about coconut butter? Coconut butter is pureed coconut meat and contains added fiber, protein, and iron in comparison to coconut oil. It’s also a great source of lauric acid, which boosts immunity and helps fight harmful bacteria and viruses.
Coconut butter is a nut-free spread, offering healthy fats, and firing up metabolism. It creates the rich and smooth texture in these truffles.
Packed with antioxidants, cacao powder comes from cold pressing raw cacao beans after the butter is removed. Raw cacao powder is naturally sugar free and adds a deliciously rich chocolate flavor to these truffles.
Looking for a decadent treat without the sugar? These may be your answer.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- If your coconut oil and coconut butter are solid, warm them slightly to liquify.
- Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT) shredded coconut in a small freezer safe bowl until well mixed.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 5 to 7 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken and set.
- Remove from the freezer and form ~ 3/4 inch diameter balls with your hands.
- Roll the truffles in shredded coconut, place on a plate and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle