If you are looking for fun, healthy and refreshing Fourth of July popsicle recipes for kids, check out this popsicle recipe! Or, if you are looking for a tasty treat to make with your kids over the summer, this one is a favorite at our house. Minty watermelon, coconut-lime and honey blueberry swirls are sure to please.
Popsicles and summer go together like peanut butter and jelly, but my kids actually love popsicles all year round. As a parent and a nutritionist, I love that these Patriotic Pops aren’t loaded with sugar, AND contain healthy fat from the coconut milk to add more sustenance.
This is a great recipe to make with your kids. Little hands can help measure, add ingredients to the blender, stir, and pour the layers (maybe with a little assistance). Whether you are cooking with toddlers, or tweens, it’s a great opportunity to teach them that real food for kids matters, and fun, yummy snacks can easily be made at home.
Not only are these pops beautiful to look at, the flavors work so well together and they are truly delicious.Print
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. raw local honey (divided)
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 10 oz. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- Add watermelon and mint to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside in a small bowl (with a pouring spout if you have one).
- In a second small bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the lime zest, lime juice and 1 tbsp. honey.
- Add the blueberries, water and 2 tbsp. honey to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside in a third bowl.
- In any order you like, SLOWLY fill the popsicle molds 1/3 full with each combination. In a 3/4 cup popsicle mold, this equals a scant 1/4 cup for each.
- Place the popsicle sticks in and freeze for 4 – 5 hours (or overnight).
- Run the popsicle mold under warm water to release the contents and enjoy!
I added the watermelon, coconut and then the blueberries for what seemed to be the best swirl.
This recipe makes enough for about 10 – 12 popsicles based on the size of your molds.