I love “meatza” night! The same tasty pizza flavors that I loved growing up, but without the grain-laden crust. Packed with nutrient dense, colorful ingredients, meatza leaves you feeling renewed rather than bloated
. And, while specialty pizzas are all the rage, who says you can’t enjoy specialty “meatzas”?! I love the combo of creamy goat cheese, buttery eggs and crisp spicy greens in this recipe.
I’m not a poached egg expert! I totally cheat and use these awesome egg poaching cups! You can get them here. And I highly recommend you check them out, too. Maybe we’ll have Kate give us all an egg poaching lesson in the near future, but for now, I couldn’t be happier with my egg cups.Print
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef (or ground meat of choice)
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 6 Eggs, poached
- 3 oz. Goat Cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix dried herbs and spices in a small bowl. Combine 4 tsp. of the seasoning mix with the ground beef. Save the rest of the seasoning for the next time you make meatza.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix seasonings into meat.
- Using your hands, flatten the meat onto a baking sheet in the desired shape until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- While “crust” is baking, poach your eggs to your desired doneness.
- Remove “crust” from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer meat crust from the original baking sheet and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over “crust”, season with a dash of sea salt and pepper and top with arugula, roasted red peppers, green onions, and goat cheese (leaving a 1/2″ edge uncovered).
- Place the meatza back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and top with poached eggs and fresh parsley. Slice into triangles and enjoy!
Serve with a green salad or roasted veggies!