Are you looking for more quick, yet healthy, dinner options during your busy week? One of the most helpful tips I can give is to repurpose leftover cooked meat to pull together different dishes. I often use leftovers from my Herbs de Province Slow Cook Chicken recipe to use for these tacos.Print
- ~ 2 lbs. cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz. sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup organic cheddar, shredded (optional0
- 8 alternative flour tortillas (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, green onions, peppers, and avocado.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and gently toss. Top with cilantro.
- In each tortilla, add cabbage, chicken, tomato avocado salsa, and cheese (if using).
I love the cassava flour tortilla recipe from thepaleomom.com. You can also skip the tortillas and serve this over a bed of fresh salad greens. Top with sprouts or micro greens for an extra nutrient punch.
Another family favorite; Siete brand almond flour tortillas.
Or simply serve this dish over a bed of fresh salad greens and omit the tortillas.