This rhubarb chutney recipe will add a pop of flavor to pork, chicken, duck, and even lamb. Try it over grilled pork tenderloin, served over fresh salad greens with cucumbers and tomatoes for a nourishing primal-diet meal!Print
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup, Grade B
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1, 3″ cinnamon stick
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb (about 1/4″ thick slices)
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (hard to find unsweetened, but sweetened with apple juice is next best)
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Add first four ingredients to a medium saucepan, heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the rhubarb and remaining ingredients. Stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Partially cover the saucepan and cook on low for about 30 minutes. Stir and enjoy.