- 2 Acorn or Red Kuri (Hokkaido) Squash
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dried Thyme
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Break the stem off the squash (it should pop off easily) and carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh.
- Cut the squash into 1/2″ wedges or slices.
- Toss with coconut oil and lay in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme, sea salt and pepper.
- Top with Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
For simplicity sake, I sprinkle the Parmesan over the squash before placing the pan in the oven. But if you prefer your cheese less roasted, pull the pan out of the oven 15 minutes in and sprinkle the Parmesan on then before finishing out the last 15 minutes.