- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Wash sweet potatoes with a vegetable brush and then dry well
- Slice off the tips of the potatoes and then cut them in half crosswise
- I then like to stand them up on end and make vertical slices lengthwise in each direction to form 1/4 inch wide fries (do this carefully – using proper knife skills!)
- Lay the fries on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. If they are too close together or on top of each other they won’t crisp as well. You will probably need 2 sheet pans for 4 medium potatoes.
- Melt coconut oil and drizzle over the potatoes. I use my hands to make sure at least the tops of the potatoes are coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on the center rack in the oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until your desired crispiness!
If you are baking two pans of fries at the same time, use the middle two racks and switch them after 15 minutes.