- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds wild caught king salmon, skinned, deboned, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into 1/8″ thick rounds (~ 6 – 7 medium carrots)
- 1 cup celery, sliced into 1/4” thick pieces
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth, organic
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 oz. bag frozen peas, organic
- 1 cup whole milk, organic grass-fed
- 1 cup whipping cream, organic grass-fed
- Fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped bacon and sauté until just crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped onion and stir for ~ 3 minutes, until softening.
- Stir in carrots and celery and toss for ~ 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, thyme, salt, and black pepper. After ~ 3 minutes, add broth, water and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer for ~ 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Place salmon in the pot and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peas. After ~ 3 minutes, add milk and cream, stir, and adjust seasonings to taste, if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with chopped fresh parsley.
You can substitute the yukon gold potatoes with sweet potatoes AND/OR the milk and cream with 2 cups full-fat coconut milk (for a non-dairy option).