There is nothing like a good meatball! Wouldn’t you agree? One of my favorite things about eating ‘primal’ is the creativity involved. Sometimes you have to think outside the box in terms of how you are going to put a meal together.
Meatballs are a perfect example. Such homemade morsels of goodness are not just thrown over a plate of pasta. But paired with spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, sautéed greens, cauliflower rice, or eaten by their lonesome are all great ways to enjoy your favorite meatball, and in my opinion, even tastier!Print
Try with your favorite type of ground meat.
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef, bison or lamb
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Form ~ 3/4 inch diameter balls with meat mixture.
- Space evenly and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve with your favorite tomato sauce. Pairs well with spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or sautéed greens.
I find a cookie dough scooper to be incredibly helpful when rolling meatballs! I used to hate the time required to make even sized meatballs, but with this handy tool I can quickly get scoops of meat onto my baking sheets and then roll them.
For easy, and amazingly long, zucchini noodles check out amazon.com HERE for this awesome contraption!