This dish is filling and delicious! My kids love it, too! The quantities listed are what I used on this particular night, but you can adjust based on what you have on hand or how many people you are hoping to feed. Try with different veggies, different meats, etc.
- Shannon’s Spaghetti
- 2 medium size spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (grass fed)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 large carrots (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 celery rib (diced)
- Fresh spinach (from our CSA, not sure how much, but probably about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (had some in the fridge to use up)
- 2 jars of organic tomato sauce (all good ingredients)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and pulp. Lay cut side down in a baking dish with a 1/4″ of water in the bottom of the dish. Bake for about an hour, or until soft and tender.
- In the meantime, chop veggies
- Add sauce to a medium sauce pan and warm over medium-low heat (stirring occasionally)
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add coconut oil and saute veggies until tender (adding spinach and parsley last, just to wilt). Add the veggies to the sauce and stir.
- In the same saute pan, brown and cook the ground meat. Season with salt and pepper Once cooked through, add to the sauce as well and mix.
- Once the squash is cooked, allow to cool until you can handle it. Using a fork, scrape the flesh to remove the spaghetti-like strands and transfer to a dish.
- Top with sauce and enjoy