I love a good grass-fed slow cooker brisket, and this recipe couldn’t be easier!
Seasoned with a mocha flare (is there anything better than coffee and chocolate?) and placed in the slow-cooker.
The result is a mouth watering, tender cut of meat for the family to enjoy with a variety of sides!
Brisket comes from the breast side of the cow and is essentially made up of the chest muscles, which support much of the animal’s weight. It is therefore a larger, tougher, and relatively inexpensive piece of meat containing a high percentage of collagen (or connective tissue).
A low and slow heat can work wonders to break down this tissue and produce a flavorful and tender cut of quality meat. Don’t shy away – the collagen is great for our gut health, hair, skin, and nails!
Slow cooker brisket can be paired with so many different real food combinations. In our family, we typically have a green veggie and potatoes, or cauliflower mash, to go alongside. It’s also great with roasted kohlrabi or “Fennel and Cabbage Slaw.”
We often end up serving this mocha-infused slow cooker brisket instead of corned beef on Saint Patrick’s Day. If little ones will be enjoying this recipe with you, just be sure to use decaf coffee to season the meat.Print
- ~ 3 lbs. beef brisket
- 4 Tbsp. ground coffee (regular or decaf)
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- Mix ground coffee, salt, cinnamon, cacao powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the brisket until well coated.
- Place brisket in a slow cooker with the fattier side face up.
- Pour the coconut milk over the top.
- Set on low for 10 hours.
- Remove meat and thinly slice or pull apart. Return meat to the pot with the juices and serve.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: slow cooker brisket