- 4 – 6 carrots, rough chopped
- 4 – 6 celery stalks, trimmed and rough chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 – 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1, 28 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1, 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers (~ 2 – 3 peppers)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped (or scant Tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup organic cream, or coconut milk
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Toss carrots, celery, onion and garlic with avocado oil to coat. Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add roasted vegetables, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, roasted red peppers and tomato paste to a 5 – 6 quart slow cooker. Stir in basil and seasonings.
- Cook for 6 hours on the low heat setting.
- Carefully puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in small batches in a regular blender (allowing space for heat to escape).
- Stir in the cream or coconut milk until well incorporated.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy.
- Category: Soup
Keywords: tomato soup