The colors, textures, and aromas of this salad work together to grab the attention of grown-ups and kids alike! Sometimes, that’s all that’s needed to turn curiosity into a dish that is enjoyed by the whole family.Print
Fresh strawberries and ripe avocado are two foods that represent spring and summer to me. Enjoy this salad with your favorite grilled meat and a dose of fresh air.
- 6 – 8 cups mixed organic greens or spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 pint fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Toss in peppers, carrots, strawberries and avocado.
- Top with walnuts and pine nuts.
- Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Category: Salad