- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup pecans (or walnuts), chopped
- 1 pear, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded beets
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee), melted (+ more for greasing the baking dish)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease an 8 x 8″ baking dish with butter or ghee.
- Mix together 1/2 cup nuts, 2 Tbsp shredded coconut, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix oats, baking powder, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, syrup, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to oat mixture and stir to mix. Add 1/2 cup nuts, remaining coconut, pear, carrots, and beets and fold until combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and top evenly with the nut and coconut mixture (from the small bowl).
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until set and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm, cold, or make ahead and reheat. Try with a splash of fresh organic cream, or milk alternative.