- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 – 3 slices of pepperoni per sweet potato slice
- Dash of dried oregano
- Trim both ends of the sweet potatoes. Using a mandolin, or sharp knife, vertically slice potatoes into ~ 1/4″ thick pieces.
- OPTION 1: Place sweet potatoes in a toaster oven and “toast” for about 12 minutes (flipping half way through) until slightly tender. OPTION 2: Preheat oven to 350º F. Place sliced sweet potatoes on a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a vertical toaster to quickly crisp them up.
- Allow to cool.
- Spread sauce evenly over each slice of sweet potato.
- Evenly divide cheese amongst slices.
- Top with 2 – 3 pieces of pepperoni per slice.
- Sprinkle a dash of dried oregano on top.
- Place back in the oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts.