Do you throw out your carrot tops because you aren’t sure what to do with them, or because you have fallen for the myth that they are poisonous? I certainly used to, but I’m here to tell you to hang on to these beautiful greens and use them to make carrot top pesto. It’s easy, tasty and it always feels good to use as much of our food as we can!Print
- 1 cup rough chopped carrot top leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, rough chopped
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (Kasandrinos)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add carrot leaves, garlic, olive oil, salt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until well combined (pausing to scrap down sides).
- Add pine nuts and pulse until minced.
- Add Parmesan and pulse until well combined.
- Enjoy pesto as you would any other pesto – as a dip, a dressing, a marinade, or a drizzle!
Make sure to check out Kasandrinos for a truly delicious and healthy olive oil to keep on hand!